The German composer and teacher, (Carl) Albert Loeschhorn, was a pupil of Ludwig Berger. He studied subsequently at the Royal Institute for Church Music in Berlin, where from 1851 he was teacher of the pianoforte. The title of Royal Professor was conferred upon him in 1858. For many years he carried on concerts of chamber music at Berlin with eminent success. He served the advancement of classical music by his conscientious and thorough discipline as a teacher; many of his pupils have distinguished themselves.
Albert Loeschhorn became most widely known through his numerous studies for the pianoforte, although he published a long list of other worthy compositions, such as quartets and sonatas.